frequently asked questions
Providing Professional Asphalt Roofing Services
Here are a few questions that we are frequently asked:
We are a fully insured company with over 25 years in the industry. We back all our work and our business depends on the recommendations of our many happy customers.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to hire Hiebert Roofing to do an inspection of your roof:
- Sometimes insurance companies want assurance that your roof is in good repair before they will insure your home
- After wind or hail storms to check for damages before they cause problems
- When purchasing a new home
- To determine how much wear is left in your roof so you can plan financially for a replacement
Hiebert Roofing will find the right solution for all of your asphalt roofing repair projects. We are a fully insured company with over 25 years in the roofing industry. Specializing in Asphalt Roofing Repairs, we are an owner-operated company. Generally, we will do work within a 100 km radius of Spruce Grove and Edmonton.
Most roof repairs are done at the same time as a shingle replacement but sometimes just a repair is needed including:
- Replacing rotten wood
- Replacing missing or damaged shingles
- Fixing leaks
- Removing chimneys that are no longer needed
- Removing or adding vents
- Removing skylights
- Protect Your Building – Old or damaged shingles can allow water leakage causing damage to the structure of the building and costly repairs.
- Beautify Your Home – Old, curling and lifting shingles decrease the curb appeal of your home, whereas a new roof gives it a new look.
- Enhance Your Investment – Whether you intend to sell you home or live in it for many more years, a new roof increases the value of your home.
We specialize is asphalt re-roofing, residential or commercial, but we also do new asphalt roofs. We do not do flat roofs or metal roofs.
Generally, we will do work within a 100 km radius of Spruce Grove and Edmonton.
Our workmanship warranty is 2 years. Any workmanship issues will generally show up within that time period. Workmanship warranties do not cover damage due to extreme weather conditions.
Each manufacturer offers their own product warranty.
Every roof is a unique situation. Please fill out our Estimate request form and Gerald will be happy to give you a timely and FREE estimate on your roof.
Yes, our crews will clean up everything so that no nails or garbage will be left behind. We bring a trailer to the site and toss old shingles in there and dispose of them.
We mostly use Canadian manufactured IKO (Cambridge, Dynasty) and BP Canada (Mystique, Vanguard) as they are good quality, affordable shingles with good warranties. However, we do have access to many other products. We encourage customers to do their own research into which product is best for their home. Gerald is happy to answer any questions.
Cheque, Bank Draft, E-Transfer, Cash, Credit Card (*Additional service fees added)
We personally do not, but whenever possible, we dispose of old shingles at a recycling dump. Currently there is one near Acheson that we use.
Yes, gutters are cleaned after every shingle installation.
Gerald is a certified BP Installer and therefore can offer you BP 50 year shingles. These shingles are hail resistant and the warranty is inflation adjusted. There is an extra cost involved but Gerald can explain it to you.
We don’t re-shingle over rotten wood. The sheeting would be replaced. That cost is over an above our quoted price.
Once your roof replacement date has been confirmed, all you need to do it ensure your property is accessible and that personal property, including vehicles, have been moved away from the building (see your estimate sheet for more details)